Dear USASF Cheer Members:
The USASF Cheer Rules and Early Release Age Grid for the 2018-19 season is now available in your member profile. Please read this email for full details before logging in.
Based on broad member support, the greatest near term opportunities from the Growth Task Force process surfaced in the Age Grid in the form of new entry-level divisions with FUNdamentals and Novice. Additionally, the progression and revision in the All Star Prep and All Star Elite divisions create an easy to navigate path for cheer athletes of all ages and abilities to find a place to successfully grow in All Star. They are focused on increasing the numbers of athletes entering the sport at an earlier age and keeping them in the sport longer. The USASF will provide program owners with education, support, resources and marketing tools so that you can quickly and seamlessly integrate these new growth opportunities into your program.
All updates are available through your member profile, and here are a few specifics that members have asked about recently.
Now that new entry-level divisions (mentioned above) are in place, the Rules Committee, with full support of the Board of Directors, feels that the sport of All Star, and programs of all sizes, are ready to make the shift to increased bottom ages for some divisions. In addition, the XS Worlds Division will move to a maximum team size of 16, in line with the Olympic cheer initiative team sizes. Importantly, the Worlds Advisory Board will review all aspects of the XS Division at Worlds after the 2018 event occurs in April to help determine eligibility and participation in XS at Worlds going forward.
We hope you can join us on Feb 20th. We look forward to growing All Star with you!
USASF Cheer Rules and Age Grid Webinar | Tuesday, February 20, 2018
- Choose from: 12:00PM EST, 3:00PM EST, 8:00PM EST
- Register (via the Connection) and select the time that works best for you.
- After registering, you’ll receive a confirmation email with information about how to join the webinar.
- Unable to attend? The webinars will be recorded and available to members in your member profile.
Access the 2018-19 Cheer Rules & Early Release Age Grid
- Log in to your member profile at USASF.net
- In the drop down menu in the top right corner, select “Visit USASF Rules & Safety Site”
- On the Rules site, select “New” from either Cheer Age Grid or Cheer Rules in the menu bar.
Note: as a courtesy to owners and coaches, athletes will not have access to the 2018-19 rules until March.