All teams, athletes, coaches and personnel attending a USASF sanctioned event that are competing or performing as an Exhibition Team in an All Star Division must meet the eligibility requirements. Learn more.
Summer is in full swing and here’s some of the news dropped while we’ve been enjoying our vacations. The biggest news, in our opinion, is the first article. We’ve also ended with a video for your entertainment.
- Acrobatics and Tumbling, Women’s Wrestling Get Backing to Join NCAA Emerging Sports via NCAA.
- USA Cheer Announces DI and DII/III Players of the Year, Kennedy Wingbermuehle and Samantha Jenkins via USA Cheer.
- NCAA Takes Pep Out of Cheerleading Company Varsity Brands via New York Post.
- Tuks Cheerleaders Making Impossible Stunts Look Easy via Pretoria East Rekord.
- 2019-2020 Sanctioned Event & Warm-Up Room Requirements via USASF.
- Cheerleading is Demanding and Just as Competitive as Other Sports via Daily Gazette.
- From Cheerleader to Circus Freak: Meet Abbie Springer via StyleBlueprint.
- ‘Cheerleader Generation’: Mother-Daughter Coaching Duo Tease Intense New Series Will Help Cheerleading ‘Gain Respect’ via Pop Culture.
- STUNT Teams Enjoy Recognition from Members of Congress via USA Cheer.
- I Was a Cheerleader, and It Made Me the Person I Am Today via Thrive Global.
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know about Cheerleader Generation via TVOvermind.
- Ole Miss Cheer Takes Center Stage in New Lifetime Series via HottyToddy.com.
- Varsity Brands’ Bid to Make Cheerleading an Olympic Sport (Video) via Yahoo!
The USASF held a meeting with members of multiple parts of the industry, including event producers, coaches, choreographers, media, uniforms, vendors, and music producers, to discuss the image of All Star. We haven’t seen anything come from it yet, but it is a step toward the industry working together to address the image being portrayed like this:
Please make sure you are READY and ELIGIBLE to attend sanctioned events this season! The compliance requirements are the same as last season, HOWEVER the system by which we confirm compliance is NEW.
Take some time to log into your USASF Member Profile and review your eligibility status. Click here and read “Account Information” for a list of what to do when you log in to make sure you’re ready for the season.