- UConn Cheerleading Returns To National Competition via UConn Today.
- REVIEW: ‘Cheer’ Shows How Grueling Cheerleading Can be & Plenty to ‘Cheer’: New Netflix Series Goes Behind the Scenes via Madison.com.
- ‘Cheer’ Is An Incisive Look At Injury, Coaching And Competition via NPR.
- USA Cheer announced the 2020 Special Olympic and Adaptive Abilities Teams, US National Junior Team Cheer Freestyle Pom Division Coaching Staff and Region, and US National Junior Team Hip Hop Division Coaching Staff and Region.
- Review: How Netflix’s Superb ‘Cheer’ Dispels Your Assumptions About Cheerleading via USA Today.
- Netflix Cheerleading Docuseries Sheds Light on $2B Industry via Fox Business.
- Teams Put Aside Rivalries to Honor Beloved Cheer Coach via LEX 18.
- Stunt Men: The Guys Who Power Polk Cheerleading via News Chief.
- ‘It’s a Hard and Challenging Sport’: Inside the World of Competitive Cheerleading via The Guardian.
- USA Cheer Response to Netflix’s “CHEER!” via USA Cheer.
Welcome to 2020. Here’s some of the news to close out 2019.
- Kennesaw State Pays Former Cheerleader Tommia Dean $145K to Settle Anthem Lawsuit via ESPN.
- Netflix Orders College Cheerleading Docuseries From ‘Last Chance U’ Creator via Deadline.
- USA Cheer Announces 2020 US National Junior All Girl & Junior Coed Coaching Staffs and Regions via USA Cheer.
- USASF announced the dates (June 26-28) and location (New Orleans) of the 2020 National Meeting.
- Shelby County Cheer Team Gives Joyful Christmas to Thousands of Local Kids via WMC.
- Australia’s First ParaCheer Competitor Breaks New Ground After Horrific Crash via ABC (Austrailia).
- Practice More Dangerous than Competition for High School Cheerleaders, Concussion Study Shows via Safety+Health.
- ‘Refreshing,’ the Presence of Male Cheerleaders at NKU via the Northerner.
- Cheerleading and Olympic Sport, a Best Kept Secret via TeamUSA.org.
This weekend is the busiest weekend of the year per USASF sanctioned events.
- Former Cheerleaders Warn of Concussion Risks in the Sport via Inside Edition.
- Cheering from Japan to Kentucky via The Trail Blazer.
- USA Cheer Recognized by Sports Destination Management via USA Cheer.
- Column: Male Cheerleaders, Take Off Your Clothes! via The Daily Tar Heel.
- Special Report: Research Shows Cheerleading Injuries Declining With Coach Education, Regulation via Heart of Illinois.
- Kennesaw State Cheerleader Settles Lawsuit Over School Deliberately Hiding Anthem Protest via Yahoo!.
- Words of Cheer – Interesting History of Cheerleading Clinics via Battlefords News-Optimist.
Here are your October articles as you enjoy your Halloween candy:
- Texas Cheerleader Saves Choking Toddler During Homecoming Parade via ABC News
- Former UC Berkeley Cheerleader Says She was Forced to Perform Despite Concussions via San Francisco Chronicle
- Men Return to Husker Cheer Squad, Add More Stunts, Tumbling via The Eagle.
- New Study Shows High Rates of Concussions in High School Cheerleading via Newsweek.
- A Day in the Life of a Trinity Cheerleader via The Trinitonian.
- Q&A With Rochester’s Kyle Tanguay, NFL Cheerleader via Fosters.com.
- Why Cheerdancing Should be Recognized as a ‘Legit’ Sport via Spin.ph.
- Police Investigate Male Cheerleader Bullying Incident at Wilcox High School in Santa Clara via NBC Bay Area.
- Game Day Preparation — BYU Cheer and Stunt via The Daily Universe.
- Cambridge’s Queensland Sharks to represent Canada at Junior Cheerleading Worlds via Cambridge Times.
- How I Went From A Bullied Teen To The First Male Cheerleader At The Super Bowl via Refinery29.
- Part of KSU Cheerleader’s Lawsuit Dismissed Against Sheriff, Ex-Lawmaker via WSBTV.
- The Twists, Tumbles and Turns of Josh Marsh via Kentucky Kernel.
- USA Cheer named the teams that will compete as Team USA in Hip Hop (Brigham Young University), Jazz (Utah Valley University), and Pom (Rutgers University).
- The Special Stars: How Cheerleading Helped These Girls With Special Needs Shine via Inside Edition.
- Women’s Cheerleading Team Flying High Under the Radar via The Bona Venture.
- George Mason Cheerleader With Down Syndrome Brings Infectious Spirit to Team via WJLA.
- At Wisconsin High School, Accusations of Body Shaming at a Cheerleading Banquet via New York Times.
- Diane Keaton Takes on Retirement Communities and Cheerleading in ‘Poms’ Trailer via the Hollywood Reporter.
- Texas Cheerleader’s Final Moments Before Gas Explosion at House Kills Her Captured on Video via Fox News.
- Beloved Fort Thomas Cheerleader Dies Suddenly via Cincinnati.com.
- Japanese Cheerleaders Share ULM Cheer Experience via The Hawkeye.
- There’s More to Cheerleading Than Meets the Eye via Daily Lobo.
- N.C. A&T Cheerleaders Won’t Return to the Court this Season via News & Record.
- USA Cheer Announces Special Olympic Teams for 2019 via USA Cheer.
- USA Cheer Announces Expansion of Special Ability and Adaptive Ability Teams for 2019 via USA Cheer.
- Two Cheerleading Coaches are Out at N.C. A&T via News & Record.
- Ole Miss’ Cheerleading Coach is Starring in a New Reality Show via Red Cup Rebellion.
Here’s the news from September. We hope your football season is going well.
- Black College Cheerleaders Who Knelt During National Anthem Cut From This Year’s Squad via HelloBeautiful.
- University Officials Tried to Stop this Cheerleader from Taking a Knee. Now She’s Suing Them. via ThinkProgress.
- NFL Teams are Hiring Male Cheerleaders and Some Closed-Minded Football Fans are Salty as Hell. via Someecards.
- She’s Flipping Stereotypes About Cheerleading On Their Head via The Story Exchange.
- Meet Tessa Kucharski, the Suburban Chicago Cheerleader Who Now Plays Safety on the Football Team via USA Today.
- Video Showing U of M Cheerleaders With Marsha Blackburn Causes Controversy via WREG.
- Willard School Board Votes to Limit Types of Stunts for Cheerleading Squad via Fox 8.
- Family Says Cheerleading Advisor Refused to Work With Special Needs Student via Fox 28.
- Student With Down Syndrome a Full Cheerleader at West High School via The Columbus Dispatch.
- Former N.F.L. Cheerleaders Hope to Quicken Change by Shedding Their Anonymity via New York Times.
- Elderly People With Dementia are Turning to Cheerleading for Exercise in a New Pom Pom Craze via The Sun.
Elevate yourself. Elevate your program. Elevate All Star!
Join USASF this summer at the National Meeting in Dallas, TX August 10-11. Log in to your COACH profile, select Credentialing Website from the drop down menu at the top right, then select MEETINGS AND EVENTS on the left side to register. Click here for general information and the block schedule.
See what the excitement is about!
Coaches & Owners
Integrity Motivates People And Cultures to Transform (IMPACT). Coaches and owners will make an IMPACT on their athletes, program and fellow coaches by participating in this leadership series exclusively for All Star Cheer and Dance professionals. Click here for details
Cheer & Dance Leaders
Bettering Our Leaders of Tomorrow (BOLT) activates young cheer and dance leaders to become strong peer role models who put team first, fully commit to their All Star program and learn to make the choices that lead to accomplishment. Developed and led by alumni of the USASF Mentoring Leaders program, BOLT will set young athletes on their path to success. Click here for details
Male All Star Athletes
A leadership program just for male All Star athletes! Males Advancing Respect, Character and Honor (MARCH) builds confident, strong, principled and motivated male leaders, and prepares them to lead their peers, their team, their All Star programs and in their extended community. Click here for details
Developed for ALL All Star athletes. Want to transform your athletes into leaders for their teammates, their program and their community? Join USASF this summer! Watch this testimonial by Drake #leadershipforlife