- Cambridge’s Queensland Sharks to represent Canada at Junior Cheerleading Worlds via Cambridge Times.
- How I Went From A Bullied Teen To The First Male Cheerleader At The Super Bowl via Refinery29.
- Part of KSU Cheerleader’s Lawsuit Dismissed Against Sheriff, Ex-Lawmaker via WSBTV.
- The Twists, Tumbles and Turns of Josh Marsh via Kentucky Kernel.
- USA Cheer named the teams that will compete as Team USA in Hip Hop (Brigham Young University), Jazz (Utah Valley University), and Pom (Rutgers University).
- The Special Stars: How Cheerleading Helped These Girls With Special Needs Shine via Inside Edition.
- Women’s Cheerleading Team Flying High Under the Radar via The Bona Venture.
- George Mason Cheerleader With Down Syndrome Brings Infectious Spirit to Team via WJLA.
- At Wisconsin High School, Accusations of Body Shaming at a Cheerleading Banquet via New York Times.
- Diane Keaton Takes on Retirement Communities and Cheerleading in ‘Poms’ Trailer via the Hollywood Reporter.
- Texas Cheerleader’s Final Moments Before Gas Explosion at House Kills Her Captured on Video via Fox News.
- Beloved Fort Thomas Cheerleader Dies Suddenly via Cincinnati.com.
- Japanese Cheerleaders Share ULM Cheer Experience via The Hawkeye.
- There’s More to Cheerleading Than Meets the Eye via Daily Lobo.
- N.C. A&T Cheerleaders Won’t Return to the Court this Season via News & Record.
- USA Cheer Announces Special Olympic Teams for 2019 via USA Cheer.
- USA Cheer Announces Expansion of Special Ability and Adaptive Ability Teams for 2019 via USA Cheer.
- Two Cheerleading Coaches are Out at N.C. A&T via News & Record.
- Ole Miss’ Cheerleading Coach is Starring in a New Reality Show via Red Cup Rebellion.
Here’s the news from September. We hope your football season is going well.
- Black College Cheerleaders Who Knelt During National Anthem Cut From This Year’s Squad via HelloBeautiful.
- University Officials Tried to Stop this Cheerleader from Taking a Knee. Now She’s Suing Them. via ThinkProgress.
- NFL Teams are Hiring Male Cheerleaders and Some Closed-Minded Football Fans are Salty as Hell. via Someecards.
- She’s Flipping Stereotypes About Cheerleading On Their Head via The Story Exchange.
- Meet Tessa Kucharski, the Suburban Chicago Cheerleader Who Now Plays Safety on the Football Team via USA Today.
- Video Showing U of M Cheerleaders With Marsha Blackburn Causes Controversy via WREG.
- Willard School Board Votes to Limit Types of Stunts for Cheerleading Squad via Fox 8.
- Family Says Cheerleading Advisor Refused to Work With Special Needs Student via Fox 28.
- Student With Down Syndrome a Full Cheerleader at West High School via The Columbus Dispatch.
- Former N.F.L. Cheerleaders Hope to Quicken Change by Shedding Their Anonymity via New York Times.
- Elderly People With Dementia are Turning to Cheerleading for Exercise in a New Pom Pom Craze via The Sun.
Elevate yourself. Elevate your program. Elevate All Star!
Join USASF this summer at the National Meeting in Dallas, TX August 10-11. Log in to your COACH profile, select Credentialing Website from the drop down menu at the top right, then select MEETINGS AND EVENTS on the left side to register. Click here for general information and the block schedule.
See what the excitement is about!
Coaches & Owners
Integrity Motivates People And Cultures to Transform (IMPACT). Coaches and owners will make an IMPACT on their athletes, program and fellow coaches by participating in this leadership series exclusively for All Star Cheer and Dance professionals. Click here for details
Cheer & Dance Leaders
Bettering Our Leaders of Tomorrow (BOLT) activates young cheer and dance leaders to become strong peer role models who put team first, fully commit to their All Star program and learn to make the choices that lead to accomplishment. Developed and led by alumni of the USASF Mentoring Leaders program, BOLT will set young athletes on their path to success. Click here for details
Male All Star Athletes
A leadership program just for male All Star athletes! Males Advancing Respect, Character and Honor (MARCH) builds confident, strong, principled and motivated male leaders, and prepares them to lead their peers, their team, their All Star programs and in their extended community. Click here for details
Developed for ALL All Star athletes. Want to transform your athletes into leaders for their teammates, their program and their community? Join USASF this summer! Watch this testimonial by Drake #leadershipforlife