Cheer Programs! Have you launched your FUNdamentals classes yet? This is a great growth opportunity for your program. Introduce All Star to new athletes in a FUN, non-competitive, learning environment. All the class schedules and curriculum are ready for you to click, download and utilize right away! Click here to meet the Super Heroes of All Star, then log in to your member profile to opt-in to access all the tools at no additional fee!
Save the Date – September 14, 2019!
Save the date and create your very own NASCDD celebration at your facility! Watch for the official routine, music and marketing materials coming this summer.
As we wind down the 2018-2019 event season, we want to make sure all members have received their Member Boxes that were shipped in January. If you DID NOT receive your Member Box, please complete this form. We will investigate and respond.
You asked, we listened! To better align with the non-stop All Star season (who needs summers off anyway) and to make sure member benefits are intact during training season, we have shifted the Membership Term FROM August 1 – July 31 TO June 1 – May 31.
As you build your teams, you can enroll earlier and have the comfort of knowing insurance benefits will cover your athletes. Note: members with expiration dates of 7/31/19 will still be honored. Be on the lookout for additional information coming your way soon!
- Three Victories and Counting: The Woman Behind SMU Cheer’s Success via The Daily Campus.
- USA Cheer Announces Upcoming School Cheer Rules Changes via USA Cheer.
- Chicago Area Special Abilities Cheer Team Making History via Fox 32 Chicago.
- Minimizing Risk of Injury the Focus of 29 Rules Changes for High School Cheerleading via High School OT.
- National Cheer Expo Was a Study in Organization, Efficiency via Cape Breton Post.
- Montgomery County Special Olympics Team to Represent US in World Cheerleading Championships via My MC Media.
- The Cheerleader Who Blew the Whistle on the N.F.L. Soldiers On via The New York Times.
- Weber State Cheerleaders’ Routine Going Viral via Fox 13 Salt Lake City.
- NKY Competitive Cheerleading Team Dedicates Season to Teammate Who Died via WLWT5.
- USA Cheer Announces its 9th College STUNT National Championship via USA Cheer.
- New Mexico Cheerleading Competition May End Over Death Threats, Aggressive Posts via Las Cruces Sun News.
- Cheerleading is More Than Shorts Skirts and Yelling “Go, Team!” via Arrow.
- Former Ole Miss Cheerleader Plans to Expand Oxford Gym via Oxford Stories.
- What it Takes To Be an NKU Cheerleader via The Northerner.
- Special Olympic Cheerleading Teams Compete At The World Championships via News on 6.
- Finland, USA Win Premier Titles at 2019 ICU World Cheerleading Championships via Olympic Channel.
- Cheerleading Should be Considered a Sport via Oxford Stories.
- Cheerleading Can Apply to Become an Olympic sport… But Where Does it All End? via Inside the Games.
Interested in becoming a certified USASF Legality Official for All Star Cheer and All Star Dance? The certification term is based on each annual All Star season, which typically begins in the fall and extends through the spring. Click here to find out more and plan to join USASF at one of these locations:
- Dallas, TX: July 20 & 21
- Las Vegas, NV (in conjunction with the National Meeting): August 3 & 4
- Washington, DC/National Harbor: September 7 & 8 (tentative dates)
The USASF Disciplinary Committee has posted its report of member non-compliance concerns that were addressed in March. Reports will be posted each month during the 2018-19 season.
We’ve gone digital! The Member Box that was shipped to all USASF program members can now be found in The Connection. Packed with information and resources for coaches, athletes and families can now be read, downloaded and printed right from a computer. Log in to The Connection, click Resources, and in the dropdown menu select Membership Digital Welcome Kit.
Registration (event & hotel) is NOW OPEN for the 2019 USASF National Meeting. Las Vegas, NV at the M Resort and Casino is the place to be August 5-6, 2019. Save up to $35 if you register on or before April 30th. Click here to find out more!
National Meeting Registration Fees:
- $185 – Early Bird Registration (registered on or before April 30)
- $195 – Regular Registration (registered between May 1and August 1)
- $210 – Late Registration (registered after August 1)
IMPACT Registration Fee:
- $50 (if also registered for the National Meeting)
BOLT or MARCH Registration Fee:
- Free (if also registered for the National Meeting)
The USASF is proud to announce the athletes selected to serve on the newly formed USASF Athlete Advisory Council. The Athlete Advisory Council is comprised of athletes who completed the USASF Leadership Workshops and are selected through an application process overseen by the National Advisory Board. The role of the Athlete Advisory Council is to provide the Cheer and Dance National Advisory Board with insight and input solely from the athlete perspective. Click here to meet the athletes and learn more!
Results are in! The National Advisory Board is democratically elected to support athletes and members by addressing emerging issues of broad potential impact and developing policies for the organization when needed.
In 2019, the Cheer and Dance National Advisory Boards were combined to one NAB in an effort to streamline conversations and planning that affect both cheer and dance while allowing for separate conversations that are relevant to one or the other. Click here to see the initiatives and programs that have been developed through the work of the NAB and to meet your representatives!
BAND is a leading group communication app that makes it easier to stay on the same page. The sponsorship will launch at The Cheerleading and Dance Worlds in April, 2019, where the Band app will serve as a communications and customer relations tool for coaches and fans, and where Band will be recognized as a co-sponsor of the USASF Cheer Abilities and Dance Abilities Gala. Find out more how the BAND communication service offers coaches and parents an uncluttered space for communication.
The USASF is considering adding a Level 6 Credentialing course in Orlando the Thursday before Worlds. The final determination on whether or not the course will be held will be based on the number of coaches registered by Monday, April 8th.
- WHEN – Thursday, April 25th, 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- WHERE – Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
- COST – $500; which includes the $30 building test fee
Level 6 requires an in-person, educational course prior to taking the practical test.
- Completion of Baseline Credentialing (American Sports Education Courses & Positive Coaching Alliance Double Goal Coach Course)
- Being credentialed to Level 5 in Building and Tumbling
- Completion of the Level 6 Written Test. The written test will be unlocked after the credentialing candidate completes Baseline Credentialing, Levels 1-5, and registers for the L6 course
All of these requirements can and should be completed prior to attending the Level 6 course. If you have any questions regarding Level 6 credentialing, contact Andre Carter. To register for the L6 credentialing course, please click here.
If you have any questions regarding Level 1-5 credentialing or Baseline credentialing, please contact Shauna Holm.
Happy April Fools’ Day, it’s Worlds month. That is not a joke, it is really Worlds month. First we have NCA College Nationals and good luck to all the teams competing in Daytona, then Worlds is upon us. Good luck with the final weeks of preparation and may you have the performance of a lifetime once you step on the floor.
- Cheerleading: It’s a Sport via The Charger Bulletin.
- New York Cheerleading Changes May Have Saved the Sport via Press Connects.
- Southwest Airlines Employee Allegedly Mocks Disabled Cheerleaders: ‘Those Two are Clearly Faking it’ via Yahoo!
- Special Olympics Cheerleaders Perform at Idaho State Cheer Competition via KIVI.
- Cheerleaders Compete in State Special Olympics Competition via WXII.
- Girl with Down Syndrome Becomes Cheerleader, Wows Crowd with Her Positive Attitude via The Epoch Times.
- A Judge Ruled That A High School Cheerleader’s “Fuck Cheer” Snapchat Post Is Protected Speech via Buzzfeed News.
- What We’re Expecting from the Live Action “Cheer Boys!!” via TVOvermind.
- How All-Star Cheerleading is Finally Getting the Recognition it Deserves via Calgary Journal.
- What Being a Colts Cheerleader Taught Me About Running a Business via Inside Indiana Business.
- Special Needs Cheerleader Shines Bright on the Mats via WVNS TV.
- Ex-UK Cheerleader Dies After Being Hit by 3 Vehicles in New Jersey via Courier Journal.