The USASF and IASF has released the Age Grids for 2012-13. Noted Changes to the USASF version include:
- Youth L5 and Youth Restricted have been combined.
- Junior Coed is only listed for L5.
- Senior L1-4.2 have a minimum age of 10. Senior L5 remained at 12.
- International L5 divisions now have a minimum age of 15, up from 14.
Open Level 4 (17 Years and Older, 1-15 Males, 5-24 Members)
An event producer must request a “waiver” from the USASF to offer this “trial” division for the 2012-13 season. This is a non-sanctioned division that does not count toward any Cheerleading Worlds bid. Event producers are requested to complete at USASF “waiver” to offer this division.
All Star Prep
An event producer must request a “waiver” from the USASF to offer “trial” divisions for the 2012-13 season. These are non-sanctioned divisions that do not count toward any Cheerleading Worlds bid. Event producers are requested to complete a USASF “waiver” to offer this division. The following criteria must be met in order to compete in these divisions:
- Maximum routine length is 2 minutes
- At any given event, an athlete may not crossover between teams competing in a standard division and teams competing in a ‘Prep’ division (and vice versa).
In addition to the criteria listed above, Event Producers may apply their own additional unique criteria when defining eligibility requirements for these divisions. Event Producers must declare what criteria they used to differentiate their ‘Prep’ divisions from the standard USASF divisions (ex: for half year teams, for teams not allowed to practice more than 2 hours a week).
The USASF is still evaluating options to address the concerns of Small Gyms (75 athletes or less).