The USASF recently posted the Final NACCC Meeting Suggestion List and sent the following email:
USASF/IASF Member Coaches, Gym Owners and Event Producers:
Many thanks to those who sent in suggested revisions to the rules/levels for the 2008/09 season. These suggestions are now posted on the USASF/IASF website. The next step in preparation for the January NACCC is to accept both position papers and sign-ups for those who wish to speak about a particular ballot measure (revision) in person in Atlanta.
At this time no further additions to the list of ballot measures will be accepted. Ballot measures that have previously been submitted by an individual may be clarified or withdrawn entirely by its author only. Clarifications and withdrawals will be accepted only until December 15th. In some instances, the ballot measure that is currently written is broad in scope. We recommend that all ballot measures be as clearly defined as possible so as to avoid confusion for voters.
The above policy is put in place to allow the structure of the January meeting to be as defined as possible and to avoid last-minutes amendments to ballot measures.
If you would like to send in a position paper in support of or against any of the ballot measures that are currently posted, these papers are due to Les Stella (email omitted) no later than 11:59 p.m. (PST) on Tuesday, December 18th. (Please note extension from originally published deadline)
The following protocols must be met in order for a position paper to be accepted and posted.
- The position paper must list the measure that it is addressing, exactly as it is currently listed on the USASF/IASF web site.
- All authors on the position paper must be a member in good standing (either as a coach, gym owner, event producer, etc.) of the USASF/IASF.
- The position paper must be submitted with the name/professional affiliation of at least one author ? Multiple authors and/or signatures in support of the statements written in the position paper will be accepted.
- Position papers will not be edited by the USASF/IASF office. We suggest that you are both clear and concise in your wording.
- While personal anecdotal stories may be helpful to support the cause of the position paper, please keep in mind that ballot measures should be looked at as to how they may affect the entire all-star industry.
- Any person who wishes to speak (see below) at the NACCC meeting in Atlanta, may also submit a position paper by the December 18th deadline.
For those individuals who would like to speak in person at the NACCC meeting in Atlanta, please adhere to the following protocol:
- Send your name/e-mail address/phone number to Les Stella (email omitted)
- Include the ballot measure, exactly as it is currently listed on the USASF/IASF web site, for which you wish to speak in person.
- A person may only speak on only one initiative at a time.
- All speakers must be willing to be broadcast via webcast.
- All speakers must be members in good standing (either as a coach, gym owner, event producer, etc.) of the USASF/IASF.
- All speakers must be available between 8:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. on Thursday, January 3rd should they wish to present in person at the NACCC meeting in Atlanta.
- Only “in person” speeches will be allowed at the event. All other methods of presentation must be through a position paper.
- Speakers must declare their interest in presenting at the Atlanta meeting no later than 11:59 p.m. (PST) on Tuesday, December 18th.
Once the total number of speakers has been determined, speakers will be informed of the amount of time they will be given to speak at the Atlanta meeting. There is no guarantee that every individual who wishes to speak will have an opportunity to do so at the Atlanta meeting. This will depend upon the final number of people who express their desire to speak in person.
We hope that this process is both clear and fair to all, and that it will provide a structure for a successful meeting in Atlanta at which all participants feel that their voices may be heard.
Michael Burgess USASF/IASF Rules Committee Chair