Any Team with Special Needs that would like to receive a bid to perform at the 2018 Cheerleading and Dance Worlds may submit a video for qualification. Five (5) Cheer teams and five (5) Dance teams will be selected to receive “At Large” bids to perform at Worlds. Video submission deadline: March 1, 2018.
Legality Official Training | Cheer & Dance
Don’t miss your opportunity for the final two Cheer and Dance Legality Official Training sessions this season! The deadline to register for Knoxville, TN and Albany, NY Legality Official Training is Friday, August 25th.
For more information and to register, click here. Please Note: These two sessions may not occur without a minimum number of registrations. Register today!
CHEER: There will be a webinar to review the major changes for the draft version of Club Scoring for the 2018 Cheerleading Worlds on Wednesday, August 30th from 12:00pm-1:30pm EST.
For more information and to pre-register, click here. Space is limited, register today!
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
DANCE: Score sheets used at the 2018 Dance Worlds will be available on usasf.net beginning September 5th. Be sure to check back then!
Recorded webinars, used to train the Dance Worlds judges, that detail each of the Dance Worlds score sheets, pointing out genre differences/similarities, enhanced caption explanations and unique point values will be available late September. This is a great resource for all coaches, event producers, and dance judges!
For questions or additional information:
As summer continues the news cycle is slow, but here’s what’s going on:
- USASF Member Management System Launch is underway.
- Delmava Now published Special Needs Cheerleading Team Breaks Boundaries – and Wins.
- The Maitland Mercury posted World Stage Beckons for Oxygen All Stars.
- Clarksville Online published Three Austin Peay State University Cheerleaders Win Gold for Team USA at World Cheerleading Championships.
- Palm Coast Observer posted Palm Coast Parents Open All-Star Cheerleading Gym, With Daughter as Inspiration.
- Reading Eagle published Male Cheerleaders Defend Their Place on the Sidelines.
- New York Post posted Cheerleader Dies After Hospital Dismissed Her Chest Pain Twice.
- WTVR (CBS) published Former Elite Chesterfield Cheerleader Found Dead in Hotel Room.
- Courthouse News posted NFL Ducks Cheerleaders’ Antitrust Class Action.
Don’t miss The Cheerleading Worlds action on CBS Sports Network! Set your DVR and schedule your watch parties!
The Cheerleading Worlds Part 1 (Senior Small All Girl Level 5, International Open Small Coed Level 6, & International Open Large Coed Level 6)
- 5.28.17 at 11:00 AM EST
- 6.04.17 at 10:00 AM EST
The Cheerleading Worlds Part 2 (Senior Medium All Girl Level 5 & Senior Small Coed Level 5)
- 6.04.17 at 11:00 AM EST
Each year following The Cheerleading and Dance World Championship, the Worlds Advisory Board (WAB) reviews successes, opportunities for improvement, and new ideas for the following year. Because 2017-18 team placements and tryouts are in process, this new information is time sensitive as programs plan for next season. (Dance Worlds Divisions and Categories for 2018 will be released in early June.)
After reviewing Cheer Divisions and considering new opportunities for programs to field Worlds eligible teams, the WAB proposed, and the USASF Board of Directors approved, adding two new divisions for The Cheerleading Worlds in 2018.
- Senior Extra Small All Girl (14 members and below)*
- Senior Extra Small Coed (14 members and below)*
- A program may have only one Extra Small team at Worlds; either All Girl or Coed, not both.
- If a program receives a bid in either Senior Extra Small All Girl or Senior Extra Small Coed, that program may not compete in any other Cheerleading Worlds division.
- If a program receives a bid in any division, and also has a bid in a Senior Extra Small division (14 members and below), and decides to take both teams to Worlds, the Extra Small division team will compete in the Senior Small division. The team will not be eligible for the Extra Small division.
Questions? email [email protected]
The USASF will continue to review annually and adjust as needed Worlds divisions that will best reflect the current program and team structures nationwide. We hope these new Cheerleading Worlds divisions will provide new opportunity to programs working towards fielding Level 5 Worlds teams.
- International Cheer Union World Championship results.
- National Law Review published Sis-Boom-Bah: U.S. Supreme Court Rules That Cheerleader Uniform Design Elements May Be Eligible for Copyright Protection and Cheerleader Uniform Designs Protectable Under Copyright Act.
- TMZ posted Floyd Mayweather Blows Up at Cheer Judges.
- Outsports published Michigan State Cheerleader Found Solace in Sport After his Boyfriend’s Suicide.
- ESPN posted Coastal Carolina Cheerleading Suspended; Team Members Allegedly Acted as Escorts.
- WATE (ABC) reported Man Charged with Taking Photos of Girls at Sevierville Cheerleading Competition.
- University Press published The Everyday Life of a Cheerleader.
- The Advance-Titan posted Cheerleading Competitions Go Beyond Showing School Spirit.
- Her published Leave the Pom Poms at Home… Cheerleading is Serious Business in Ireland.
- The New York Post was busy, publishing Cheerleading has Evolved into a Billion-Dollar Business, As the Cheerleading Craze has Skyrocketed, so Have Injuries, and US Group Aims to Decrease Cheerleading Injuries.
Sign Up for Worlds Text Alerts
Be sure to sign up for text alerts and receive the most urgent updates while at Worlds.
- Cheer Coaches – text USASFCheerCoach to 31996
- Dance Coaches – text USASFDanceCoach to 31996
- Family Members and Spectators – text CheerleadingWorlds or DanceWorlds to 31996
Tickets for the final round of competition in the following divisions will be sold through Ticketmaster. Tickets will go on sale the evening before finals. Click the links to order tickets for each session. Or, go to ticketmaster.com and search for The Cheerleading Worlds.
- Senior Large Coed: Sunday, April 30 at 10:00 am
- Senior Large All Girl: Sunday, April 30 at 8:30 pm
- Senior Small All Girl and Senior Medium All Girl: Monday, May 1 at 8:30 am
- International Open Small Coed Level 6; International Large Coed Level 6, Senior Small Coed: Monday, May 1 at 1:30 pm
- International Open Small Level 5; Senior Medium Coed: Monday, May 1 at 6:00 pm
There’s an App for Worlds!
Stay up to date on everything Worlds! Access the event schedule, featured videos, and info about the live stream and venues. Starting April 29, you’ll see performance order updates and results for each division. You can even receive notifications for The Cheerleading Worlds or The Dance Worlds OR both!
Download now at the App Store or in Google Play!
It’s Worlds Week. Get Your Hashtags Ready!
Post now and post often to show your favorite things about Worlds!
#CheerWorlds2017 | #DanceWorlds2017
Worlds Performance Orders
The Cheerleading and Dance Worlds Performance Orders and other event details can be found by clicking here.
Tune in to CBS Sports!
The Cheerleading Worlds will be nationally televised on CBS Sports! Filming will take place during the Final rounds of competition for Senior Small, Senior Medium, Senior Small Coed, International Oped Small Coed 6 and International Open Large Coed 6. Stay tuned for air dates!
What’s All the Hype About? It’s Worlds!!
Get HYPED for The Cheerleading Worlds 2017
Prepare to be Moved: The Dance Worlds 2017
Part of the FloSports Network, FloCheer is the authority for cheerleading and dance. FloCheer offers live event streams, archived event footage, interviews, behind-the-scenes access, and more. Plus, now it’s easier than ever to watch your favorite events and interviews from FloCheer with the new FloSports app on Roku and Apple TV.
Join FloPRO now to get exclusive access to watch The Cheerleading and Dance Worlds event streaming LIVE!
Cheer & Dance Updates
Scholarship Opportunities – USASF Scholarships are available to young athletes to help offset expenses associated with participating with USASF member programs. Share the opportunities with your athletes! Deadline to apply is March 1, 2017
Are These Dates On Your Calendar Yet? – Plan ahead and connect with USASF members at a USASF Regional Convention this summer!
Who Is Going to Worlds ? – Check out the list of talented teams who have qualified for The Cheerleading and Dance World Championship! The list is growing every week!
Is This Legal? – Don’t risk legality points at an event when you could have your skill reviewed before you compete and know if it’s legal or not!
Cheer Rules Overview – If you haven’t registered yet, please join us on Thursday, February 2nd at 1pm EST, 12pm CST, 10am PST for a webinar to review the 2017-18 Cheer Rules, Age Grid and Program Definition.
You must register for the webinar, as space is limited.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar. If you have questions after having reviewed the new Cheer Rules documents, you can submit them online prior to the webinar.
Cheer Worlds Cup Race – Check out the standings for the Worlds Cup Race, the newest opportunity for Level 5 and 6 cheer teams to earn their way to The Cheerleading World Championship!
Submit Your Proposal – Do you have an idea for a Dance Rule Change? Submit your proposal here. Deadline for submission is March 1, 2017.
Category Designation – The Contemporary/Lyrical category is being offered for the second season at USASF Sanctioned Events, and for the FIRST time at The Dance Worlds in 2017. If you have any question as to which category you should register your routine at any USASF Sanctioned Event, and especially if you’re competing for a bid to The Dance World Championship, please submit a form at least one week prior to any sanctioned event. Our evaluation staff will review and advise.
Dance Worlds Junior Video Qualification – Six deserving U.S. teams will be awarded At Large bids to compete in the Jr. Dance Division at The Dance Worlds! If your team wants to apply for qualification, read all the details here. Deadline for submission is March 1, 2017.
December, along with 2016, has left us. Here’s the news that ended the year, including the news of the year.
- Everyone reported on Cheerleading being granted provisional Olympic status, including Reuters, Inside the Games, The Courier-Mail, BBC, USA Today, USA Cheer, and USASF.
- The Courier-Mail also published IOC Can’t Be Serious: Cheerleading and Muay Thai in Line to Become Olympic Sports.
- The BBC published Cheerleading is a Sport, Get Over it.
- Newshub published Competitive Cheerleading: We Got it Wrong.
- News Limited published Australian Cheerleading Community Hits Back at Critics Who Say Cheerleading is ‘Not a Sport’.
- People published Now Cheer This! Cheerleading Becomes (Provisional) Olympic Sport and 6 Impressive Cheerleading Routines to Celebrate Its Declaration as a Sport.
- Forbes reported Is Cheerleading A Sport? The IOC Ends The Debate.
- The USASF released the draft version of 2017 Worlds Club Divisions Score System.
- NBC reported Cheerleader Bus Crash in West Texas Kills One; Injures Seven. and USA Today followed up with After Tragic Bus Accident, Cheerleaders From Around Texas Gather to Lend Support.
- The New York Times followed up with Bereaved Texas Town Finds Comfort in a State High School Title Game and the Fort Worth Star-Telegram published Iraan Can’t Claim Title, but Players, Cheerleaders Show True Grit.
- New York Times published Great Moments in Cheerleading: Could the Olympics Be Next?.
- The Lexington Herald-Leader reported Meet the Henry Clay Football Player Who Made the School’s Cheerleading Team and Competitive Cheerleading Championships Draw Passionate Followers.
- The CT Post posted Reports: Cheerleader’s Mom Dies On the Way to Cheerleading Tournament.
- Fox reported Cheerleading Team of Girl Who Drowned Wins National Competition in Florida.
- The Duke Chronicle published Duke Track and Field Sprinter Sydnei Murphy Doubles as Cheerleader in Offseason.
- Reuters also published Cheerleading Boasts Increasing International Appeal.
- Tammy Van Vleet announced Aloha Productions is merging with Varsity Spirit. This includes Aloha Spirit, Golden State Spirit Association and Mid Atlantic Cheer & Dance.
- The Indianapolis Star reported Principal Stunned Over Student’s Racial Slur Toward Colts Cheerleader and the Daily Mail added Outrage at High School Student Who Posed for a Picture with Black Colts Cheerleader then Shared it Online with a Vile Racial Slur.
- Sporting News published Chargers Security Guard Caught Masturbating Near Cheerleaders.
- TWC News posted College Cheerleader, Webster Native Suspended for Election Night Tweets Speaks Out.
- Dallas Morning News reported Mumps Outbreak May be Linked to Cheerleading Contests in Arlington, Frisco, Dallas.