March has come and gone so it’s now Daytona and Worlds month. Here’s the news that came with March:
February has come and gone, bringing and taking some of the largest events of the year with it. Congratulations to all the new UCA High School, Cheersport, and NCA All Star national champions.
Welcome to 2018. Let’s take a look at the news that started the year.
Happy New Year. Here’s what happened the last month of 2017:
August came and many of us returned to school. The unfortunate major news of the month came from Colorado, as reported by Denver Post, USA Today, and Fox News, among others. Here’s the other news of the month:
As summer continues the news cycle is slow, but here’s what’s going on:
Summer, summer, summertime is here. Here’s what happen while we were enjoying the “offseason”:
May started with the end of Worlds and continued with several end of the year events and tryouts. Some other things also happened:
February came and went along with some of the largest events in our industry. The most tragic news of the month was the fatal plane crash in California involving a small group returning from a cheerleading competition (Washington Post, ABC, People). Here’s the other news you may have missed:
December, along with 2016, has left us. Here’s the news that ended the year, including the news of the year.
- Everyone reported on Cheerleading being granted provisional Olympic status, including Reuters, Inside the Games, The Courier-Mail, BBC, USA Today, USA Cheer, and USASF.
- The USASF released the draft version of 2017 Worlds Club Divisions Score System.
- NBC reported Cheerleader Bus Crash in West Texas Kills One; Injures Seven. and USA Today followed up with After Tragic Bus Accident, Cheerleaders From Around Texas Gather to Lend Support.
- New York Times published Great Moments in Cheerleading: Could the Olympics Be Next?.
- The Lexington Herald-Leader reported Meet the Henry Clay Football Player Who Made the School’s Cheerleading Team and Competitive Cheerleading Championships Draw Passionate Followers.
- The CT Post posted Reports: Cheerleader’s Mom Dies On the Way to Cheerleading Tournament.
- Fox reported Cheerleading Team of Girl Who Drowned Wins National Competition in Florida.
- The Duke Chronicle published Duke Track and Field Sprinter Sydnei Murphy Doubles as Cheerleader in Offseason.
- Reuters also published Cheerleading Boasts Increasing International Appeal.
- Tammy Van Vleet announced Aloha Productions is merging with Varsity Spirit. This includes Aloha Spirit, Golden State Spirit Association and Mid Atlantic Cheer & Dance.
- The Indianapolis Star reported Principal Stunned Over Student’s Racial Slur Toward Colts Cheerleader and the Daily Mail added Outrage at High School Student Who Posed for a Picture with Black Colts Cheerleader then Shared it Online with a Vile Racial Slur.
- Sporting News published Chargers Security Guard Caught Masturbating Near Cheerleaders.
- TWC News posted College Cheerleader, Webster Native Suspended for Election Night Tweets Speaks Out.
- Dallas Morning News reported Mumps Outbreak May be Linked to Cheerleading Contests in Arlington, Frisco, Dallas.