The IASF held a Worlds Scoring Webinar last week and the video has been posted in their Facebook group.
Cheer Worlds Scoring
Teams With Special Needs
Any Team with Special Needs that would like to receive a bid to perform at the 2018 Cheerleading and Dance Worlds may submit a video for qualification. Up to five (5) Cheer teams and up to five (5) Dance teams will be selected to receive “At Large” bids to perform at Worlds. Video submission deadline: March 1, 2018.
The International All Star Federation (IASF) recently released its official list of competition divisions for the global All Star community. To provide additional growth opportunity for U.S. All Star cheer teams to participate in these newly developed divisions, the USASF is including 11 provisional international divisions in the USASF Cheer Age Grid for the 2017-18 competition season.
USASF event producer members will have the option to utilize these divisions at sanctioned events where they feel these new opportunities will meet the needs of their customers.
The updated Age Grid is available upon logging in to your USASF member profile.
To find out if a provisional division will be offered at an event you’re attending within the U.S., please contact the event producer to inquire.
For international divisions at events that you will attend outside the U.S., contact the event producer that is conducting the event.
September came, bringing football season and an updated IASF website with it. Here’s the news that came along with it:
- Pensacola News Journal published ‘It Felt Like I Was the King’: Pensacola Gym Starts Special Needs Cheerleading Team.
- Express posted Britain’s First NFL Cheerleader Holly Warden: It’s Very Competitive.
- The Post published Film Review: In Short – ‘Bring It On: Worldwide #Cheersmack’ is a Joke.
- KSTP posted Minnesota Moment: Rochester Teen Uses Cheerleading to Bring Awareness to Tourrete Syndrome.
- ESPN posted The Move I Love to Hate: Cheerleader Whitney Agee’s Pushup Block.
- Atlanta Journal-Constitution published Cheerleader Killed in Cherokee County Crash.
- Cape May County Herald posted Girl Wide Receiver Was Bored Cheerleader.
- Land of 10 published Wisconsin Nose Guard Olive Sagapolu’s Cheerleading Background Highlights His Impressive Athleticism.
- Memphis Business Journal posted ‘Spirited’ Memphis Company Gets New President.
- M Live published Alma’s Burke named STUNT Athlete of the Year.
- 5 News posted Former Gentry Student Killed In Car Wreck Remembered By Cheer Coach.
- The Seahawk published Competitive Cheerleading Offers an Alternative in School Spirit.
- Collegiate Times posted Who is at the Base of the Pyramid?.
- Daily Record published Talented Cheerleader Paige is Heading Stateside for Florida Competition.
- Morgan County Citizen posted Rebecca Lindsey: World-Class Cheerleader.
- 7 News published East High School Assistant Principal Resigns; Principal Retires Amid Controversy Over Forced Splits.
- CBS posted Protesters Want ‘Forced Splits’ Principal Reinstated.
- The Varsity published The Life of a Varsity Blues Cheerleader.
- The Tribune posted Girl Finds Acceptance, Friends in Cheerleading.
- CBC News published ‘It’s Not Just Rah Rah’: Sask. Cheerleaders Work to Smash Stereotypes as Sport’s Popularity Grows.
- The Vanguard posted Inside Athletics: Cheerleading.
- Yahoo! shared Cheerleader Who Knelt in National Anthem Protest Goes Viral.
- Inside Edition published 14-Year-Old Cheerleader With Tourette Syndrome Raises Awareness: ‘I Can Do a Lot’.
And in case you’ve ever had a bad game, it probably wasn’t much worse than the dancer in this video.