The USASF Disciplinary Committee has posted its report of member non-compliance concerns that were addressed in April. Reports will be posted each month during the 2017-18 season.
Host your own National All Star Cheer and Dance Day on September 8, 2018. Learn the routine, invite athletes to participate and GROW ALL STAR!
Elevate yourself. Elevate your program. Elevate All Star!
Join USASF this summer at the National Meeting in Dallas, TX August 10-11. Log in to your COACH profile, select Credentialing Website from the drop down menu at the top right, then select MEETINGS AND EVENTS on the left side to register. Click here for general information and the block schedule.
See what the excitement is about!
Coaches & Owners
Integrity Motivates People And Cultures to Transform (IMPACT). Coaches and owners will make an IMPACT on their athletes, program and fellow coaches by participating in this leadership series exclusively for All Star Cheer and Dance professionals. Click here for details
Cheer & Dance Leaders
Bettering Our Leaders of Tomorrow (BOLT) activates young cheer and dance leaders to become strong peer role models who put team first, fully commit to their All Star program and learn to make the choices that lead to accomplishment. Developed and led by alumni of the USASF Mentoring Leaders program, BOLT will set young athletes on their path to success. Click here for details
Male All Star Athletes
A leadership program just for male All Star athletes! Males Advancing Respect, Character and Honor (MARCH) builds confident, strong, principled and motivated male leaders, and prepares them to lead their peers, their team, their All Star programs and in their extended community. Click here for details
Developed for ALL All Star athletes. Want to transform your athletes into leaders for their teammates, their program and their community? Join USASF this summer! Watch this testimonial by Drake #leadershipforlife
Dear USASF Dance Members:
The U.S. All Star Federation Dance Safety Rules, Glossary and Divisions & Categories documents have been approved by the Dance Rules Committee and Board of Directors and are now available in your member profiles.
For easy access to the 2018-19 USASF Dance Rules:
- Log into your USASF Member Profile
- In the top right hand corner, look for your name and a drop-down menu that links to the rules
- You will be able to view, download and/or print a PDF version of the rules
Contact Meredith Walker
Dear USASF Members:
The International All Star Federation (IASF) recently released new, non-tumbling cheer divisions for the 2018-19 season. To support these new divisions and to give more opportunity to programs, these provisional, Level 5, non-tumbling divisions were selected to be offered at the 2019 Worlds.
Each Worlds bid event will have the opportunity to offer one At Large Worlds bid in the IASF Non-Tumbling Cheer Divisions, in addition to any other bids they are eligible to offer. Our shared goal is to give more opportunities to programs that will help build participation at Worlds internationally.
Programs are encouraged to be in contact with event producers that award Worlds Bids to find out if these new IASF non-tumbling divisions will be offered.
May has arrived and brought the start of a new season with it.
- Washington Redskins Cheerleaders Describe Topless Photo Shoot and Uneasy Night Out via The New York Times
- New Policy for Cheerleading Team Angers Girls Who Made the Squad via News 12.
- In Defense of Cheerleaders and Cheerleading via Outkick the Coverage.
- Column: Time’s Up for Cheerleaders/Dancers at NFL, NBA Games via Daily Tribune Sports.
- NFL Cheerleaders Must Be Able to Control Their Own Sex Appeal via ESPN.
- N.F.L. Agrees to Meet Cheerleaders’ Lawyer, but Doesn’t Accept Settlement Proposal via New York Times.
- NFL Cheerleading Can Still Be Saved via Sports Illustrated.
- Hanover Park (N.J.) Responds to Complaints That All at Tryouts Made Cheerleading Squads via USA Today.
- Kansas Cheerleaders Say They Were Subjected to Naked Hazing via AOL.
- Garland ISD Plans to Expand Auxiliary Cheer Program via Rowlett Lakeshore Times.
- Exclusive: UoB Cheerleading Squad Placed on Probation After Racial Incidents via The Tab.
- Carmella Compares Being A WWE Champion To Being A Cheerleader via The Sportster.
- San Antonio Spurs Replace Female Dance Team with Coed ‘Hype’ Squad via Reuters.
- Former Cheerleader Calls Houston Texans Abusive via Courthouse News Service.
- 11 Bartow Cheerleaders Sign College Offers via The Ledger.
- Utah High School Cheerleader Kicked Off Squad for ‘Big Sean’ Recording Files Civil Rights Complaint via Good 4 Utah.
- Queen’s Athletics Will Not Insure Queen’s Bands Cheer via The Queen’s Journal.
- Ex-Cheerleader Chasing Dream as Pro Football Player in Atlanta via The Asahi Shimbun.
- Cheers as Career Takes Off in the US via The West.
- Former UCLA Cheerleaders Speak to Unhealthy Standards Expected of Them via Daily Bruin.
Dear USASF Program Owners and Coaches:
As a follow up to information about Cheerleading Worlds Divisions for 2019, please see the updated information below.
- Click here for a full list of all Worlds Divisions (Club and IASF) for 2019. Please note: The Board of Directors is considering the possibility of adding Worlds Bids for the non-tumbling divisions, and will be announced this summer.
- Updated Age Grid (Early Release Version – with new International Provisional Divisions)
- Don’t forget to join our webinar on Thursday that will review all divisions
Join the Webinar
We’ll be hosting an informational webinar about Worlds Divisions on Thursday, May 24, 2018 2:00 PM EDT.
(Registration information removed)
Dear USASF Program Owners and Coaches:
The Cheer Worlds Advisory Board met to discuss next steps and to send recommendations to the Board of Directors for Sr. Extra Small (SXS) and Sr. Extra Small Coed (SXSC) divisions at Worlds. After discussing successes and challenges for these divisions at Worlds, 2018, they considered whether the divisions should
- be kept with limitations,
- be kept and open to every program, or
- be discontinued.
After reviewing input from the WAB, The Board agreed that the best interest of all gyms would be well served by continuing the SXS and SXSC divisions at Worlds, and by opening participation in those divisions to all programs, as is consistent with all other divisions at Worlds.
The continuation of the SXS and SXSC Divisions, along with the existing Club Divisions and the three new Senior Open Divisions (announced earlier this year), will provide opportunities for programs to effectively build Worlds teams to the strengths within their programs.
Click Here for a listing of all Club Divisions for Worlds, 2019. A complete list that includes International Divisions will be made available as soon as announced by the IASF.
Questions? Please log in to The Connection and post in the Sr. Extra Small discussion thread. Haven’t visited The Connection yet? Here’s how:
- Log in to your USASF member profile
- In the dropdown menu at the top right, select “Visit USASF Community Website”
- Enter the Coaches Community and join the conversation
Join the Webinar:
We’ll be hosting an informational webinar about Worlds Divisions on Thursday, May 24, 2018 2:00 PM EDT:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Want to be a Certified Legality Official in the 2018-19 Season?
The USASF trains and certifies Legality Officials for All Star Cheer and All Star Dance on an annual basis and registration is now open! See dates, locations and more by clicking here.
Athlete Safety is our #1 Priority!
Our mission includes “strive for a safe environment for our athletes.” To the USASF, safety extends beyond our Cheer or Dance safety rules for performance. We’re committed to helping our members create the safest overall environment for every All Star athlete, so we’ve made resources available for use in gyms and studios.
Log in to your member profile, select Visit USASF Community in the drop down menu top right, and search athlete protection resources to view the PDF with valuable information.