May started with the end of Worlds and continued with several end of the year events and tryouts. Some other things also happened:
Don’t miss The Cheerleading Worlds action on CBS Sports Network! Set your DVR and schedule your watch parties!
The Cheerleading Worlds Part 1 (Senior Small All Girl Level 5, International Open Small Coed Level 6, & International Open Large Coed Level 6)
- 5.28.17 at 11:00 AM EST
- 6.04.17 at 10:00 AM EST
The Cheerleading Worlds Part 2 (Senior Medium All Girl Level 5 & Senior Small Coed Level 5)
We need your input! Can you spare 3 minutes?
The USASF is thrilled to offer several classes on the subject of attracting new clients and client retention this summer at the USASF Regional Conventions. We want to be sure our curriculum shares current successful marketing strategies and retention rates in All Star, and your input will help us in those efforts.
All information will be considered confidential and will not be shared.
Again, thank you for taking the time to provide your input.
Deadline to respond: Wednesday, May 31st.
Click here to take this brief survey.
Each year following The Cheerleading and Dance World Championship, the Worlds Advisory Board (WAB) reviews successes, opportunities for improvement, and new ideas for the following year. Because 2017-18 team placements and tryouts are in process, this new information is time sensitive as programs plan for next season. (Dance Worlds Divisions and Categories for 2018 will be released in early June.)
After reviewing Cheer Divisions and considering new opportunities for programs to field Worlds eligible teams, the WAB proposed, and the USASF Board of Directors approved, adding two new divisions for The Cheerleading Worlds in 2018.
- Senior Extra Small All Girl (14 members and below)*
- Senior Extra Small Coed (14 members and below)*
- A program may have only one Extra Small team at Worlds; either All Girl or Coed, not both.
- If a program receives a bid in either Senior Extra Small All Girl or Senior Extra Small Coed, that program may not compete in any other Cheerleading Worlds division.
- If a program receives a bid in any division, and also has a bid in a Senior Extra Small division (14 members and below), and decides to take both teams to Worlds, the Extra Small division team will compete in the Senior Small division. The team will not be eligible for the Extra Small division.
Questions? email [email protected]
The USASF will continue to review annually and adjust as needed Worlds divisions that will best reflect the current program and team structures nationwide. We hope these new Cheerleading Worlds divisions will provide new opportunity to programs working towards fielding Level 5 Worlds teams.
Want to be a certified Legality Official? Join USASF this summer at any of the Regional Convention locations. For more information, click here.
Buy one – Get one FREE: Legality Official Candidates may take both Cheer & Dance certification courses for the price of one.
Dear USASF Member,
Our Member Database will be closed for maintenance beginning May 17, 2017 and will reopen prior to the new membership term that begins August 1, 2017. Watch for announcements in July.
If you need any member information, such as member ID numbers, please email [email protected] for assistance. Your Regional Director will be available for all other membership questions.
Dear USASF Coaches and Owners:
Please forward this email to your parents and athletes, and encourage attendance at USASF leadership programs this summer!
BOLT (Bettering Our Leaders of Tomorrow) activates young female cheer and dance leaders to become strong peer role models who put team first.
MARCH (Males Advancing Respect, Character and Honor) a NEW program designed to build confident, strong, principled and energetic male leaders.
Athletes who complete this exclusive training and the associated give-back project in their program are eligible to apply to attend the Regional Advisory Board meeting in their region the following summer. Get plugged in to the USASF as an athlete and grow with us!
Dear USASF Cheer Program Members:
The USASF is listening to input from members regarding the Cheer Age Grid and Exhibition status for Tiny teams for the 2017-18 event season. As plans for team placements and tryouts are underway, concerns have been brought forward by coaches recently about the ability of programs to field teams within the 2017-18 Age Grid parameters. Additionally, while there is broad support of the 2017-18 safety guidelines for Tiny teams, concern has been voiced about limiting Tiny teams to exhibition only.
As a result of these recent concerns, the Board of Directors has determined that the prudent action for 2017-18 is to allow time for continued member discussion through Regional Conventions and Committee Meetings this summer and then make final decisions for the 2018-19 event season. Effective immediately, the following adjustments will be made to the Age Grid for the 2017-18 event season:
- The new Age Grid will be updated to reflect the following changes to the division offerings:
- Tiny: 5 – 6 years old
- Mini: 5 – 8 years old
- Youth: 5 – 11 years old
- Junior: 5 – 14 years old
- Senior (non-Worlds Divisions): 10 – 18 years old
- The new Safety Guidelines for Tiny Pre-Teams (ages 3 to 6 years old) will remain as posted for 2017-18, but they will also be permitted to compete rather than being limited to Exhibition only.
The revised Cheer Rules and Age Grid reflecting the above points will be posted on USASF.net as soon as possible.
The Board’s focus is always on upholding the spirit of the USASF mission, which starts with supporting our members. We are confident that this decision will allow additional time for further conversation about Age Grid adjustments in upcoming seasons.
USASF Board of Directors
USASF Regional Conventions – Pre-and Post-Convention Workshops
Because you asked for it again this year! Don’t miss the pre- and post-convention workshops for coaches, owners and athletes!
Extend your Regional Convention experience with these opportunities:
- IMPACT (Integrity Motivates People and Cultures to Transform) leadership series for All Star Cheer and Dance Coaches and Owners
- J.U.M.P. Start Growth and management strategies for owners of new and emerging programs
- BOLT (Bettering Our Leaders of Tomorrow) activates young female cheer and dance leaders to become strong peer role models who put team first
- MARCH (Males Advancing Respect, Character and Honor) a NEW program designed to build confident, strong, principled and energetic male leaders
USASF Regional Conventions – It’s Time to Register!
We hope you’ve Saved the Date for the USASF Regional Convention near you this summer, because Registration is officially OPEN, and ALL of the class descriptions are available online!
New This Year
Dance specific classes and and Level 6 Cheer Credentialing are available ONLY at the West Regional Convention in Las Vegas.
Register for a USASF Regional Convention now! Spring Special: $150 ~ Register by May 30th.
Note: Hotel reservations must be made directly with the hotel, separate from your Convention registration. Look for the appropriate link on the Convention page.
Legality Official Training
Cheer and Dance Legality Official Training will be offered at all five Regional Convention locations. Get cheer and dance certified for the price of one certification! Click here for details.
Don’t Miss These Extras
We’re continuing last year’s pre-and post-convention workshops for coaches, owners and athletes! Extend your Regional Convention experience with:
- BOLT and MARCH leadership training for athletes
- IMPACT leadership training for coaches and owners
- A free JUMPstart session for new and growing programs to connect with mentors and share ideas
- Regional Connect session on Sunday to discuss relevant topics to your region with Connection leaders
Don’t Delay. Register Today!
Spring Special: $150 through May 30th! (Full Price $200)